Total Pageviews

Friday, October 1, 2010

INSANELY RARE VOCODER FUNK the pinch SHOT OUT


A limited edition 7" inch single on a small Texas label called Spider-Mo Records has become a highly collectible record. Shot Out by the pinch is a Electro vocoder romp.
GRAB IT
I don't go on much about my Vocoder fascination but it is one of my passions. It's featured on lots of classic Funk, Italo and Electro records that I'm fond of.

Maybe it reminds me of Peter Frampton. I loved his talk box vocals when I was in Elementary school. But not long after my passion turned toward disco.

The 12" single is a re-press and is not collectible like the original 7" single.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

IS VERY GOOD..............................

the saucer people said...

I have a huge vocoder fascination as well...give me dirty distorted vocals anyday (or failing that badly-pronounced English speaking tracks!)...must admit I have never come across the Pinch track before so huge thanks for sharing this one...its pretty damned jawdroppingly good!

It's only in the last few years that I have become aware of the huge number of American indie labels that were releasing the most incredible electro-funk music circa 81-85...labels like Metrovynil/Techno-Hop etc - it seems a lot of these records fell down the memory hole...there was the first wave of late 70s post-disco hiphop/rap then came mid to late eighties acid/house/techno and the music linking the two almost got forgotten...the missing link of eighties electro to get all prosaic about it!

did someone mention Peter Frampton! It has been years since I heard any of his music, maybe its time to revisit...

carlos said...

i just discovered your blog, increible, very good..........TX