Saturday, May 23, 2015
I still have a few more morning music selections in my Ebay store. You can check them out by clicking the title of this post. I'll be adding more soon.
In the meantime the guys at Horse Meat Disco are dedicating one side of their latest compilation to the genre of sleaze. A beautiful sound made legendary at The Saint and The Trocadero Transfer and at beach resorts like Fire Island and Provincetown it's a sound that is becoming harder and harder to here at parties. Hopefully their compilation will bring attention to this much loved genre.
JOIN FILE FACTORY FOR QUICK DOWNLOADS
Horse Meat Disco Talk About Sleaze
A Conversation With DJ History On The Disco Sub-Genre
Horse Meat Disco III July 5th (digital) July 19th (physical)
The entire second disc of Horse Meat Disco's latest mix on Strut focuses on the after-hours disco sub-genre known as Sleaze, made popular at seminal NYC night clubs like The Saint. Not familiar? See what the guys have to say below in an interview with the mighty djhistory.com. Both discs of HMD III are likely to soundtrack more than a few parties this summer.
Horse Meat Disco On The History of Sleaze
Also, Don't Miss:
Horse Meat Disco III mini-mix
Wham- "Love Maker" (Horse Meat Disco re-edit)
Acclaimed London DJ collective Horse Meat Disco return in June with the third installment in their essential compilation series bringing together rare disco, ‘80s boogie, electro, fresh edits and all-new dancefloor discoveries. Mixed by resident DJs James Hillard, Jim Stanton, Severino and Filthy Luka, this new edition packs in 28 incendiary tracks for guaranteed dancefloor heaven.
CD 1 brings the peak time selection and features a spread of Salsoul classics re-worked by some of the current masters of the re-edit including Todd Terje and Stupid Human, alongside Ron Hardy’s famed and previously bootleg-only cut-up of First Choice’s “Let No Man Put Asunder.” UK producer Andy Williams aka Yam Who? cuts a brand new version of Sha-Lor’s house classic “I’m In Love” and also features as bandleader of Fuzz Against Junk on the Harvey remix of their Talking Heads cover “Born Under Punches” from the ‘90s heyday of Nuphonic Records. New productions feature from the stables of Smalltown Supersound, Rush Hour and more.
CD 2 takes us to the early hours with a hazy mid-tempo sleaze mix, echoing the spirit of infamous New York havens like The Saint. Tracks include the Factory Records classic “Reach For Me” by the late Marcel King and the rare “Lovemaker” by Wham (no relation to the George Michael group), re-issued here for the first time. ‘80s grooves from Miquel Brown from the peak days of ‘80s hi-energy and T.S. Monk’s boogie classic “Candidate For Love” rub shoulders with hand-picked mid-tempo beauties from Sylvester and original Weather Girls incarnation, Two Tons Of Fun.
Now into their eleventh year, Horse Meat Disco have continued to lead the way with packed residencies at their HQ at The Eagle in London’s Vauxhall, Lux in Lisbon and Tape in Berlin. Inspired by the music and inclusive ethos of New York’s club scene during the ‘70s and ‘80s, the collective have garnered a unique reputation for amazing parties and unmatchable sets, the quartet of DJs each mixing their own quality blend of disco juice. During 2011, as well as playing their annual UK festival dates at Glastonbury and Lovebox, they will be spreading the love to some of the world’s leading festivals including Vivid in Sydney, Electric Elephant, Bestival and San Francisco’s Pride. (see bottom of email for full tour info)
Horse Meat Disco III is mixed by the Horse Meat Disco residents with mix bundle and all unmixed tracks available to download. Also available as unmixed 2LP set. The package features a selection of photos taken at Horse Meat’s events worldwide and exclusive sleeve notes by New York DJ and journalist Daniel Wang.
1. JIMMY BRISCOE AND THE BEAVERS – INTO THE MILKY WAY (Felix Dickinson Edit)
2. LEFTSIDE WOBBLE – GRAPEVINE BOOGIE (Leftside Wobble Edit)
3. CLAUDJA BARRY – SWEET DYNAMITE (Todd Terje Edit)
4. FUZZ AGAINST JUNK – BORN UNDER PUNCHES (Harvey remix)
5. MUNGOLIAN JETSET – MOON JOCKS ‘N’ PROG ROCKS (Full Length version)
6. DIMITRI FROM PARIS and; DJ ROCCA present ERODISCOTIQUE - DOWNTOWN
7. SUZY Q – I CAN’T GIVE YOU MORE (DC Edit)
8. BILLIE RAY MARTIN – SWEET SUBURBAN DISCO (Severino Dub remix)
9. AVA CHERRY – YOU NEVER LOVED ME
10. FIRST CLASS – LET NO MAN PUT ASUNDER (Ron Hardy ‘Baby, Baby, Baby Aw Shucks’ Edit)
11. WILD GEESE – MACHO DISCO MASTER
12. TOM TRAGO – SHUTTERS (Extended 12” mix)
13. YAM WHO? – I’M IN LOVE
14. RAPHAEL CAMERON – TOGETHER (Stupid Human Edit)
1. IDRIS MUHAMMAD – FOR YOUR LOVE
2. SYLVESTER – GIVE IT UP
3. FEVER – TOLD YOU NOT TO MESS WITH HIM
4. SALSOUL ORCHESTRA feat. LOLEATTA HOLLOWAY - SECONDS
5. TAMBI – YOU DON’T KNOW
6. MARCEL KING – REACH FOR LOVE (Mark Kamins remix)
7. BAISER – SUMMER BREEZE
8. MIQUEL BROWN – CLOSE TO PERFECTION
9. WHAM - LOVEMAKER
10. T.S. MONK – CANDIDATE FOR LOVE
11. ROSE LAURENS – AMERICAN LOVE
12. B.L.T. – TIGHTEN IT UP
13. GENE CHANDLER – I’LL MAKE THE LIVING IF YOU MAKE THE LOVING
14. TWO TONS OF FUN – JUST US
For More Information, Check Out: