Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 3, 2014

AIN'T NOTHING GONNA KEEP ME FROM YOU TERI DE SARIO


Miami born Teri DeSario was discovered by BeeGee Barry Gibb.  He went on to write her debut single Ain't Nothing Gonna Keep Me From You which was a double A sided twelve inch with The Stuff That Dreams are Made Of.  They both became well known disco hits in 1978.  Ain't Nothing is one of those songs that everyone seems to know but wasn't actually that big a hit.  I guess the association with the BeeGees worked out well because they were so huge in the late seventies.  In any case it is a happy-go-lucky crowd pleaser and always manages to put a smile on my face.

THE HOT TRACKS REMIX
OVERNIGHT SUCCESS DISCONET REMIX
A TERI ZIP
The next year Teri had a huge pop hit with K.C. of the Sunshine Band with Yes I'm Ready.  It shot all the way up to #2 on the U.S. pop charts and even made the Top 20 on the R&B chart.  But it sort of sealed her fate as a one hit wonder.  By 1983 she started singing christian music.

As usual I invite you to click on my ads, joined my Facebook networked blogs group and if you can contribute a little something with my paypal ap.  I really enjoy bringing the tunes to you and your input and kind words.

1 comment:

deux said...

Teri DeSario - All I Wanna Do (HQ)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM7kkTVEK8o