Total Pageviews

Friday, January 1, 2016

AND HERE'S TO YOU, JUST FOR YOU, NEW YEARS 2016

One of the greatest groups bring DISCO into the 80's was Skyy, also known as N.Y. Skyy in the U.K. Randy Muller EX Brass Construction wizard is one of the reasons the group is so brilliant.
One of my favorite Skyy tunes is also the rarest one for collector's.  It's called Here's to You and on 12" it was only released as a white label PROMO.  It's not even as danceable as some of their most catchy tunes like Let's Celebrate or First Time Around which were huge at The Paradise Garage.  But I really enjoy it's funky downbeat message.
HERE'S TO YOU, JUST FOR YOU
I'm including a wonderful edit Chris Baron did a few years back.  I'm sure you'll agree he treated it respectfully and actually improved on the original.  Something that I don't find true to a lot of the countless edits of disco that come out every week.



They were quite the snazzy dressers too!


No comments: