Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Obscure italian Disco from 1978...Punky Monkey Sound

A 1978 disco maxi single release called Punky Monkey Sound is my latest obscure treasure for your listening pleasure.


It appears that Augusto Martinelli is well known in Italy.  I've lived here 20 years and I've never heard of him but at least the top picture seems to be from a t.v. show.



The guy doing the vocals Big Pierre is from Asti, you know of Asti Spumante fame.  He on the other hand is an obscure figure.

Punky Monkey Sound

I burned this record myself from my own collection.  About 10 years ago I had a neighbor who had a set-up capable of burning vinyl.  Last I remember they were taking him away on a stretcher.  He was an eccentric one indeed!


4 comments:

mute said...

this is a wonderful album! Thanks! would you be able to post the entire album? <3

ExpatMichael said...

I only had the 12" and sold it years ago on Ebay. I may find the other side of the 12" which i may have burned at some point. If I find the file I'll add it to the post.

Private Loan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Paula Martínez said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.