Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 17, 2017

SENSITIVE DRIVING AND GIVE ME ITALO DISCO HEAVEN AND HOLY GRAILS

I'm gonna bring back this old post from 2010 and again from 2013 for those of you who didn't get a chance to download this masterpiece.


Gigi Vavassori, Salvatore Pileggi, Sergio Bonzanni are Sensitive. They created some of the most mysterious, melodic, synthesized, sheer Italo Disco magic of all time. I really can't be more enthusiastic about these tracks as they are for me the pinnacle of a genre I hold so dear.

I've only heard of two singles. The 1984 12" release on Gong Records Italy "Driving" and it's 1985 follow-up double A side follow-up on Sensation records Italy "Give Me" and "Don't Stop". At the risk of sounding banal I'm just going to let the music speak for itself.
a Sensitive zip
Driving
I sold a copy of Driving for a friend of mine who happened to have two. It stopped just sort of $600.00 in Ebay. I've actually seen copies go for near a grand. Imagine if someone had a sixth sense about this record and bought a hundred copies and kept them sealed in a box somewhere just waiting to unleash them!




In 2009 a previously unreleased version was released.  When I figure out which external HD I put it on I''ll refresh the link.















1 comment:

the saucer people said...

Wow! Thank you so much for sharing these ultra-rare Italo tracks, expecially in such high quality! Often when I finally get to hear records that go regularly for hundreds/thousands of pounds I am usually disappointed and I realised that price and quality are not always synonymous....however these three tracks are a total exception, definitely some of the best Italo I have ever heard!

I saw on Discogs that a previously unreleased version of Driving was released last year, thats going for nine/ten pounds so for now I will probably content myself with a copy of this!

PS the Discogs times for the two versions of 'Driving' from the original release must be way out, one is nearly 8 minutes and the other 5 1/2 minutes whereas the version you shared clocks up at 7 minutes...its things like this that keep me awake at night!

I take it the shorter version of Driving is an instrumental? It does not say on Discogs.