Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Love is just a breath away (Suzanne) by Les McKeown

Ordinarily I wouldn't post a song that I don't like.  But I can't resist with this one.  I was such a huge Bay City Rollers fan.  The thought that Les McKeown would have solo releases on the italo disco tip is just too fab not to resist.
The Scotsman first solo single was in 1979.  This track Love is Just a Breath Away was his third or fourth 12" single release coming out in 1988.  The first was called Shall I Do it in 1979, dig the off the shoulder look on the 12" cover! And those boots to boot!  What was the label thinking?  Who did they hire as the stylist Liberace!
Apparently Les had a very hard time.  Who wouldn't when you sold millions and millions of records in one of the biggest boy bands of the 70's and then all the success comes to a halt? Listen to Les

No comments: