Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 23, 2020

The Dance Music Community has lost a great Mark Thomas DJ Extraordinaire and all around nice guy

I've added links to this post about 10 times, keep an eye on it for more.

An amazing D.J. and a true friend.  Mark Thomas passed away Monday, January 26th.  He was always so generous and kind to me.  I feel pretty awful right about now.  We last chatted in Facebook on the 21st and it was a lot longer then usual but most importantly I felt close to him and I'm glad we had a chance to share.
A fellow Gemini Mark was born May 31, 1959.  Way too freaking young to leave us already.  Up until this past summer he was still spinning the yearly event Sun Dance in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware.  And always up for sharing.  Whenever I wanted something from his collection all I had to do was ask and a .wav file would appear for me within hours.
In the coming days I would like to share some of his mixes.  I'd especially like to post some of his mixes from The Saint or The Saint at Large.  So keep your eyes on this space as it will be updated.


Download this one with the link below.
our boy in Mykonos 1989

Mark began spinning at The Hippo 1980 and went on to even more D.J. fame at The Saint during it's duration from 1980 to the closing party in 1988 in which he was one of the featured DJ's. He was one of the house D.J.'s at The Hippo and Cignel in Baltimore.  I was also present during that great night when he spun New Years Eve for the Saint at Large on December 31, 1990 at The Roxy.
SOME MORE MUSIC COMING VERY SOON
IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME MORALES, MUNZIBAI AND MARK THOMAS DISCONET MIX
PRIDE '94
RED PARTY ZIP
AFTER DARK

Saturday March 16, 1985
The Black Party | Rites VI
Music: Chuck Parsons
Lights: Richard Tucker


Sunday March 17, 1985
Sunday Tea
Music: Mark Thomas

LISTEN TO THE BLACK TEA

SUNDANCE 2006 REHOBOTH BEACH

SAINT AT LARGE NEW YEARS EVE AT THE ROXY 1990-1991

SUNDANCE AUCTION 2009

Don't miss the download for this party just above the invite.
This is from the 12 gods party in Mykonos September 1996.  I was there but we weren't friends yet.  So I even have a memory that I didn't even realize was a memory.
From Mandate magazine in the mid 80's.
With a girlfriend in Maryland in the 80's.

When he died the record on the turntable was Divine's Shoot Your Shot.  It was still spinning when he was found.  I'd like to think he went with a smile on his face if this tune was on.


No comments: