Total Pageviews

Monday, January 1, 2024

An entire set at The Mineshaft West Village New York City early 80's

I had written a blog about this mix year ago.  It got taken down for some suggestive pictures or something.  So now I'm going to be make it less provocative and see if I can get away with posting it again.



I used to go to The Printing House gym which was right near there.  A few years after The Shaft closed but it was kind of fun to imagine how wild New York had been before A.I.D.S. decimated the club scene completely.

A NIGHT AT THE MINESHAFT
MORE OF THAT NIGHT AT THE MINESHAFT
Posting this again for fun!

6 comments:

Fr said...

Any more info? Who was the DJ? How did you get this recording etc..?

VanceMan said...

I was expecting a very different sound, not at all this sort-of space trip. But I very much enjoyed it and thank you for sharing.

ExpatMichael said...

I don't have that answer sorry. As for Vance what were you expecting?

ExpatMichael said...

Fr did you get The Saint mixes off my Mark Thomas blog post?

Fr said...

I didn't grab the The Saint mixes, those were sourced from Mark. Were the Mineshaft mixes also sourced from him, I presume he and his peers traded recordings and he got hold of some before his passing.

VanceMan said...

I was expecting thumpier, but this makes total sense for time and activity.