Total Pageviews

Monday, September 3, 2018

REAL MEN is by TOM HOOKER and don't ever mistake him for Den Harrow!

Refreshed Links

Tom Hooker really hates that fact that the record company used Den Harrow's picture on a lot of his releases.  Den Harrow had some success doing shows lip-synching those songs.  But who knows really why this decision was even made?  It's not like Den Harrow is all that more attractive then Tom Hooker.  Furthermore Tom Hooker's Looking for Love to me is the most famous of either of their entire discography.

But there is no doubt that here in Italy Den Harrow is the more famous of the two.  Maybe cause Den lives in Italy and has taken part in reality shows and such.  I mean do you blame him?  Why would he go around saying I didn't really sing those songs if he could make money pretending that he did?  That's just the way the cookie crumbles, I guess.



Not only that but Tom Hooker is a successful artist living in Las Vegas.  What does Den Harrow have?  A part ownership in a gym in Brescia?  A steroidal muscle body while pushing 50?



Ironically the song I'm going to spotlight today is Tom's sublime italo disco nugget Real Men but in it's Swedish Remix version which came out on Beat Box Records in 1985.  I sold mine on ebay ages ago but luckily I still have a decent rip of it for you. 

I can't say I have much pity for Tom though.  Turns out he's a right winger Trump fan...Yikes!


No comments: