Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 18, 2020

I Know Magica

So on a lark I did search in iTunes podcasts with the term "italo disco" and I came upon a podcast called The Breakfast Club.  Not all of the selections they had were italo disco mixes, they also have other genres and dedications to particular producers like Stock, Aitken and Waterman and Nile Rodgers.

SWEDISH PODCAST THE BREAKFAST CLUB



I found all of their italo disco selections great.  A few I hadn't heard before.  All of them were a pleasant surprise.  This song though I Know Magica by Magika from 1985 on Italy's Time Records had to be my favorite.



It turns out I did already have it on one of my external hd's and I've been listening to it on repeat for a while now.

I KNOW MAGICA

Like many italo disco tracks it was a one-off.  Of course there are names on it that you see on many italo disco productions.  For example Giacomo Maiolini.
 He also brought us Danny Keith, Radiogram, Miko Mission and Silver Pozzoli to name a few.

Then we have Mario Natale who worked on Dan Harrow, Paul Sharada, Tom Hooker, Bravo, Silver Pozzoli and others.


There is also C. Cattafesta, G. Caria and S. Oliva.  I'm not going to list artists for them.  But you get the picture.  In Italo Disco we have many names and artists but they often are working on each others records.  The same artist using many different monikers, or even a variety of made up names.

No comments: