Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 6, 2018

I Need Your Love Midnight Passion





Midnight Passion's I need Your Love has all the features of a mid 80's italo disco release.  All of them at once.  It's definitely not a less is more type of record.



Cruisin' records formed in Modena in 1983 had quite a few solid releases.  Some by Cruisin' Gang and Max Him are pretty well known italo records.  Others are definitely more obscure.

Cruisin' Website

A lot of these small labels were very prolific in their release schedule and that's why so many have become collector's items.  The majority of them went nowhere and were hardly noticed.


GET SOME OF THIS LOVE

A lot of the clearly appeal to my taste.  At the time I was all over the place I listened to a lot of alternative music and the clubs I went to played an excessive amount of Hi Nrg.  My knowledge of Italo disco came from time spent in Italy in 1983, summer of 84 and again an extended period in '86 before permanently moving here in 1998.


The sound just brings back so many positive and fun memories for me.  So I think it will forever hold a special place in my heart.  I hope to be able to share this genre for you well into my old age.

No comments: