Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 27, 2016

Do ya wanna get away? Shannon and the fabulous Jimi Tunnel

Freshened Links
THE MIGHTY SHANNON
I know a place in paradise and it's definitely this Shannon single for me.  Her fourth to chart on the U.S. dance chart and another #1 notch on her lipstick case.  It features all the magical components of the fiercest of freestyle electro from the mid 80's period form the genius mixing and production of Ligget and Barbosa to the as usual uncredited background vocals of my hero Jimi Tunnel
Here I also include the Hot Tracks remix which probably only the die hard Shannon fans in here even have.
Brenda Shannon Greene was born on May 12th 1957 in Washington, D.C. and wouldn't you just know I was living in D.C. during her prime so I'm sure I got extra exposure.  Lord knows I've seen her live at least five times.

No comments: