Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

I CAN'T GET ALONG WITHOUT YOU VANCE & SUZANNE

Refreshed links by request
I may be serving sacrilege but I don't get all the fuss.  As far as I can tell they are not particularly good vocalists even a tad bit out of tune.  But the bidders go on a frenzy for this one.  Yeah I know it's a rare labels that released hardly anything, sold hardly anything and was known by very few people at the time, but still....
For me it will never go down as one of my favorites.  I do like the snazzy instrumental a lot however.  I'd tend to say even more then the vocal version.
Even the arranger Richard V. Turner is only named on other record from what I can see and that's the 1985 single Looking in the Eyes of Love by McIver that I've never really seen before.  I would imagine Vanton Records had a few other releases but I don't know any.
VANCE ZIP

There's a more recent edit called The Revenge Dub of The Vance and Suzanne that you can get on Beatport.
There are also re-issues going around so don't be fooled if you're one of those collectors that just has to have the original pressing.
WELCOME TO MY VINYL STORE I also have a 2nd store under the name 12inchVinyl4eva.

Please click on my ads.

No comments: