Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 25, 2018

Electric Mind

Luciana Cirrillo and Michele Violante are Electric Mind.  A duo who have the honor of having one of the first records to be considered distinctly Italo Disco, 1982's Summing Up.


I think people who don't even necessarily like Italo Disco could appreciate Electric Mind.  Their tracks have a seriously funky groove.  This is not just frivolous music, this shit kicks!


Summing Up was one of those influential italo tracks that got played at WBMX in Chicago and on dance floors that would not have played most Italo.



What can I say? I love these songs a lot.  Two of their tracks that were released later in '84 and '85, I didn't even know until I checked them out on you tube.

ELECTRIC ZIP



They also have the distinction of being one of the few Italo Disco artists to have their tracks licensed and released in the states.

No comments: