Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 26, 2018

Fancy more then just Come Inside and Chinese Eyes



Manfred Alois Segieth is Fancy.  Based out of Munich he was a campy hi Nrg artist and producer who worked with many artists and under the alias Fancy for himself.  I don't usually write about songs that had a huge crossover success.  Though Fancy had hits in Europe and especially Germany, in 1985 his double A side of Chinese Eyes and Come Inside managed to have a huge impact on U.S. dance floors climbing all the way to #2.

HE's DESCRIBED AS A LIVING LEGEND ON HIS WEBSITE



One of the aliases he has used was Tess and that's the one that can be seen on the Psychic Interface single Tribal Stomp.


The first charted single was 1984's Slice Me Nice so it wasn't until his 3rd that he had his biggest and most well known hit.  I'd venture to say 1987's Raving Queen is one of the lesser known ones.  The single cover alone is a scream, you go Raving Queen.

Fancy Facebook

I've got a Blogspot, Fancy's got a Blogspot

Tess was even charting in the sixties

Huge Fancy Zip (sorry no Raving Queen)



Usually in my posts you can see that I'm super enthusiastic and raving.  As you noticed you're not getting much of that here.  I do like some of these songs and I really enjoyed the double A side in 1985 but I can't say that Fancy is one of my favorites.

There are Four Fancy Videos 

You Satisfy my lust
You do it til I bust and more
Got those Chinese Eyes



No comments: